PAINTING WITH FIRE..CREATIVE ALCHEMY AT GHOST RANCH
KATHRYN BEVIER and LORA MURPHY
Arrive Sunday, May 6th and stay through Monday, May 14th, 2018
Ah…the delights of Encaustic!
So why should YOU join us?
Ghost Ranch is the PERFECT place to spend 7 full delightful days (and 8 nights)…
Brace yourself to be amazed with your accomplishments in this hands-on workshop where we will investigate exploratory techniques and approaches in Encaustic Portraiture and Figurative art. We will focus on the creation of rich and expressive surface designs and original pieces done with a combination of encaustic painting and mixed media techniques.
Throughout the workshop, some different demonstrations will be done, providing an extensive array of visually-stimulating possibilities for artists to explore. Both encaustic and mixed-media techniques will be covered, including creating alternative working grounds, using a wide variety of tools, altering the painting surface in imaginative ways, and utilizing original and exciting mixed-media techniques to create stunning effects. To support artists in their own creative path, topics on feeding and embracing the creative spirit, developing personal content through daily stream of consciousness journaling, adopting a multidisciplinary mindset and creating strong concepts in your art will also be discussed.
Together we can focus on:
GHOST RANCH is a fabled retreat and education center located close to the village of Abiquiú in Rio Arriba County in north central New Mexico, United States. It was the home and studio of Georgia O’Keeffe, as well as the subject of many of her paintings.
Ghost Ranch offers rustic lodging accommodations that are reflective of its origins as a working ranch. Our rooms are basic – no frills – which allows you to focus on the natural beauty of the land and to delve fully into your workshop subject matter. While basic, our rooms are clean and comfortable and offer breathtaking views of the colorful vistas, sandstone cliffs, cottonwoods and distant mountains. At this time, daily maid service is not available.
Cell phone service is limited and Wi-Fi access is available only at certain spots around the Ranch. We suggest you bring a calling card or credit card if you anticipate making long-distance calls.
When you book a stay at the Ranch, lodging rooms are in walking distance to public buildings. You are also close to the Dining Hall, Library, Museums and other structures via non-paved roads. Please do, however, expect loose gravel and uneven terrain.
Painting with Fire , Creative Alchemy at Ghost Ranch
Five Days of Deep-dive Encaustic and mixed media sessions + lots of juicy retreat conversation all week!
Your Investment ?
- Room and Board. If you are planning on staying at Ghost Ranch, you will book your room and board separately, through the kind folks at Ghost Ranch as they have so many options for you to choose from. Your choices range from single room/private bath to communal dorm style accommodations, and everything in between. Room rates for registrants will range anywhere between $1269 for private room and private bath, including meals, to $534 for shared dorm style accommodations including meals.
Register early to secure the room style you are looking for. This fee does not include the cost of workshop tuition, which will paid separately to either Kathryn via check or paypal in USD.
You can call us for advice.
- If you are not planning to stay at Ghost Ranch, then you can plan and purchase you meals on a daily basis.
- Airfare and travel expenses to and from Ghost Ranch.
- Personal, medical or trip cancellation insurance.
- Any extra art materials you will want to use while not in the workshops. Please contact us, if you have any questions.
- Any food and beverage you will want while at Ghost Ranch, aside from the meals that are served at Ghost Ranch.
- Packaging materials to take art home.
- Other non-included items would include souvenir shopping, personal phone calls, extra services while at the ranch, your fees for horseback riding, taxis.